Using Skype for learning Spanish online
Using Skype is just like having a personal Spanish lesson but with a larger distance between you and the teacher. Skype videoconferencing means that you and your teacher can see and hear each other clearly.
We have made it as straightforward and easy as possible, so you get quality lessons at an affordable price.
What is Skype?
Skype is free software that enables you to discuss over the internet easily, using text, voice and webcam with no call charges or subscriptions. It's safe, reliable and costs you nothing!
To get started with Skype, you first need to join, then set up your microphone, headphones (or loudspeakers), and web cam (if you have one). See below for detailed instructions.
How we use Skype for your language lessons
At the pre-arranged time for your lesson, you just make sure that you are online and your Spanish tutor will call you.
Your one-hour lesson begins with a live video conference with your tutor so that you can talk to each other and your tutor can explain a topic, give you practice, and answer any questions that you have.
During the lesson, pages of our curriculum are interactive, so you can both see changes to the Spanish instantly.
How to set up Skype ready for your Spanish lessons
- If you don't already have Skype, you can download it free from the Skype website. It is a very polished product and easy to install.
- Full details for setting up Skype are included with the free program that you download and on the Skype website.
- Skype's installation instructions include making a free test call to yourself so that you can ensure your headset and web camera are functioning properly.
- As long as you set up an account with Skype and provide us with your user name so we can contact you, any minor problems can usually be handled by the teacher at the time of your lesson.
- Once set up, you can use the same Skype for other purposes as well. You can use it to keep in touch with far away family and friends, or business colleagues.
Any other advice for using Skype?
Yes, have a look at our tips for using Skype for online learning and teaching.
Register now for a free trial Spanish lesson without any obligation!
When you are ready, you can book your online Spanish lessons.
Contact the tutors' office: info@121Spanish.com.
Or call 1(325)218-4787 (toll-free from USA).